WHO: Just the kids or the whole family? That is the question.
WHAT: A low-key, fun time spent capturing all the things you love about your kids; their funny personalities, their quirky sense of style, how much they love each other (or not, for right now), all their funny little expressions and tricks. The goal is to get the most natural expressions possible (and you’re right, they won’t all be smiles, but I’m guessing you’ll love them all anyway). In order to do this, there won’t be much in the way of posing going on. I might encourage them to sit down every once in awhile but generally we just go with the flow. My goal is to have FUN, to get to know you and your family and to try to capture as much of your personalities as possible. A relaxed photo session that’s fun for you and your children is the best way to ensure photos you love!
WHERE: My very favorite place to shoot is outside. Natural light is fabulous and flattering and the kids enjoy having a little more freedom. However, we do live here which can limit our time outside and while a little drizzle or snow has never stopped me, a true, drenching downpour is less than ideal. With that in mind, I do have a great little studio to use when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
THINGS TO KNOW:
• Sessions generally last about an hour or as long as there are happy kiddos.
• If there is anything in particular that you know guarantees a laugh, bring it along and be prepared to get a little goofy. Also feel free to bring along any kind of snacks/bribery that you like. Just know that some of these things will end up in the shots, so only bring things you want to see.
• Classic, simple, timeless clothing is great and helps keep the focus of the images on your children. However if there is a particular clothing item your child loves or they want to pick out their outfit, I say “what the heck”, it is sure to be fun and will be a perfect representation of life as you know it right now.
• Be sure to let me know if there is an expression or specific shot you would love to capture and I will try my hardest to get it, though there are never guarantees when photographing kids.
• Sometime during the week following your session there will be a sneak peek for you of some of my favorites images posted on the blog and on Facebook.
• About 2 weeks after that, you will receive a link and password to your online slideshow and gallery. At that point we will schedule a time to help you with designing wall displays or the debating “framed prints vs. canvas” and go over all the other fabulous things you can do with your images.